It has been around one and a half years for Bolt to have launched by Tata in India. But despite of bigger aspirations of Tata with respect to Bolt, the model hasn’t performed that well in India. In fact, company is facing lower sales volume from quite some time. On the contrary, Tata is seeing brighter opportunities in sales with newly launched Tiago in India. Let’s find out more into related…!!!
- The Price of Bolt seems to be higher for its sustainability in the Automobile Markets in India.
- Tata wants to focus more onto Tiago instead of continuing with Bolt in India.
- There is a big drop in Sales of Bolt by Tata in India from quite some time.
So the Home Grown Automaker doesn’t want to continue with its much aspiring Hatchback Bolt in India.
After a number of Speculations & Rumours, recently Tata Motors has officially planned to discontinue the hatchback Bolt. It was January 2015 when Tata had introduced Bolt in India. It has performed well in the initial months but after that the sales volume had never been that impressive for Tata in India.
You may have a look at: Tata Bolt Price in India, Tata Bolt Specifications in India, Tata Bolt Images in India, Tata Bolt Brochure in India
The Reasons behind discontinuing Bolt by Tata in India
- Tata feels that the Price of the Bolt is higher comparatively in order to survive in its Segment in India.
- The Competition is a real tough for Bolt to survive because of Baleno by Maruti Suzuki & i20 by Hyundai in India.
- Bolt hasn’t achieved significant numbers in terms of sales volume in India.
- To Customers, Bolt appears to be a lot like Indica by Tata in India.
- Instead of continuing with Bolt, Tata rather wants to focus on the Exceptionally Nice Performing Tiago in India.
However, Bolt is offered in both Verticals Private Cars & Fleet Vehicles. Tata might consider continuing manufacturing Bolt for Fleet Vehicles.
Tiago seems to be better option instead for Tata in India.
- Tiago by Tata in India feels to be right in terms of Pricing, Styling & Overall Designing.
- Currently in 5 months (From its launch) only, Tiago has been gathered more than 30,000 bookings in India.
- The Current Waiting Period for Tiago in India is around 2 Months.
- Tata is also considering bringing Sedan Version of Tiago in India.
So folks… in this way, it is confirmed that Bolt will not be produced by Tata in India…!!!